The Commonwealth Institute for Parent Leadership (CIPL) is a continuum of engagement and leadership development for families, schools and communities to increase academic success of Kentucky students and progress of Kentucky’s public schools. Powerful partnerships are achieved, when active champions for education honor and recognize the connection between families and schools, as a core strategy for improving student academic achievement.
What is the CIPL Fellowship?
The CIPL Fellowship is designed to offer participants information related to Kentucky’s education system and key topics relevant today to help increase success for all students. Through the completion of webinars, homegroup involvement, community leadership and statewide events, CIPL participants will be installed and recognized as a CIPL Fellow.
Parent Leadership Development
State and National Opportunities for Parent Leadership
- Parent Resources from U.S. Dept. of Education
- Parent Advisory Council (PAC)– The council provides advice and counsel to the commissioner about topics of interest to parents, such as ways that parents and communities can assist schools in ensuring that the achievement level is raised for all schools and every student. The council is not statutorily required
- State Advisory Council for Exception Children (SACEC): Council advises the General Assembly, Department of Education, Board of Education, Education Professional Standards Board, and School Curriculum and Accountability Council of unmet needs and desired program changes related to the education of children with disabilities
- Kentucky Parent Resource Centers– Information on Kentucky school districts that provide information and support to parents of exceptional children through locally funded and staffed Parent Resource Centers
- Arc of Ky- Advocacy Resources and Information for parents and families of children with disability
- Kentucky Autism Advisory Council– Advisory council made up of a variety of stakeholders, including parents of children with autism
- Kentucky Special Parent Involvement Network (KY SPIN) – Resources, guidance, webinars and learning opportunities for parents and families of children with disabilities
- Northern KY
- Eastern KY
- Western KY