A Big Bold Future for Kentucky
By Susan Perkins Weston | December 8, 2022
In 2020, the Prichard Committee urged all Kentuckians to join the work of creating a Big Bold Future for our Commonwealth. To frame that work, we identified twelve indicators. Together, these data points let us:
- Compare our work to other states
- Analyze trends over the years
- See results for Kentuckians of varied backgrounds and ages
- Find cause for celebration
- Recognize areas of concern
In 2022, returning to those indicators, we see some bright spots.
Bluntly, we also see shadows. Many indicators warrant our concern. Our effort to build a Big Bold Future are struggling.
Our 2022 reporting confirms the need for renewed and expanded efforts.
Let’s look at the data and then consider how to engage the challenges.